Lights vs handlebar bag issue




Just acquired the above. It arrived within two days via the Royal Mail through the postbox thus avoiding the usual faffing about. Once installed, the all-metal gadget raised the beam from my front light just above my Ortlieb Ultimate 6 plus handlebar bag. The latter is a great but voluminous bag that obscures any lightage emitting from lights positioned directly onto the handlebars. I had previously resorted to wrapping a head torch around the bag but that slipped while also tending to light up the top of wheel very nicely and little else. 
The tube is a narrow diameter (22mm-ish)and may require padding out for some fittings but my cateye fitting for a Volt400 sits snug as a bug. My Garmin 810 fits using the rubber band device. 
The piece seems quite sturdy and comes with inserts to allow fitting to narrower bars.




The top of the bag may well be lit up as well as the road a head but, in my case, a good 75% of the beam was uninterrupted by the bag. 
Can't guarantee a perfect result but it might be worth the gamble to solve what can be an annoying irritation.

No comments: