Serre Mappage

The imminent dash down to Picardie and the Somme region is being mapped by my mappiers, Dash4it - if you are buying don't forget to use code Cycle5 for a bit of extra discount. If they are no longer doing this discount please leave a comment here.

The particular necessaries:


For general navigation, the 100000s:

I have had it with the blasé, slap-dash offerings of Michelin and their approximations of roadage and hillage. After-all their maps are for cars so I guess it was my fault to expect any accuracy in providing for the needs of the self-propelled. The IGN on the other hand do not show WW1 cemeteries with the same gusto as Michelin - instead they just locate the main memorials.






For the close-up: The 25000 shows people sitting in their front gardens and is being used for the nitty gritty of trying to line up with the relic of WW1 that I found.

No comments: