Tentage madness




Am I going looby-loo? Anyone who has passed by my blog before may know that I have a perfectly good tent. It is a fantastically roomy rent, with enough space for a DFS leather lounge suit, domestics' quarters and a 25m pool. Putting my country-pile-style tent up is a joy, once planning permission has been obtained. However, it is a wee bit on the heavy side, weighing in at 2.5kg. This summer's jaunt will involve severe gradients and, what with squeezing in my beginner's oil painting kit for some breathtaking alpine vistas, some comforts may have to be removed from 'the list'.



Should I chuck the tent and calf-skin lined sleeping bag and go...

bivi? at 340g


or just go daft with a...

dome tent? at 1.3kg and just 8 pegs




The main risk involved with these drastic measures is the weather. I really don't fancy squelching about in a bivi or mopping out a single skin dome tent. But, say the weather looked peachy a week before and I could well go for the bivi. Trouble is there is no space for the domestics. Actually there is no space for anything.

No comments: